- To bridge the gap between scholarship in secondary and higher education
- To open up publishing to groups of geographers that have traditionally been excluded on account of their level of geographical training
- To give students a positive experience of academic writing and publishing
- To support and enable as many submissions through to a positive outcome
- To establish a network of geographers that support student geographical research and writing, that includes students and staff in schools, universities and beyond
- To showcase the breadth and diversity of contemporary geographical scholarship
- To encourage submissions from different types of schools and higher education providers across the UK
- To accommodate submissions in a variety of formats including, videos, essays, photographs and sound recording.
- To act as a mark of distinction for quality work in geography
- To develop students’ skills in scholarly writing
There will be three issues per year. Issues will be released in January, April and September of each year.